MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Are we there yet?

My experience over the last several weeks has reminded me once again that despite the inherent advantages of going to a great school that opens up one's career possibilities, recruiting still blows. The path to enlightenment may be filled with many bumps, but the path to one's dream job (or the one that will pave the way to the future dream job) is filled with potholes, road rage, and jackasses all around you. And that's all I'd like to say on recruiting for today.

Last night, I had dinner and drinks with Poweryogi in Manhattan. It was a long day and drinks were in order. The buzz kicked in after the classic combination of a bloody mary-esque cocktail and too many tootsie rolls at PS450. We then hopped into a cab and went to Chinatown, and consumed way too much food. NY + PY + vodka buzz = good times. Chicago math nerd in action.

I discovered my new favorite brunch place today. It passed my poached egg test (soft but not runny) with flying colors, and the rest of the food on my plate was top notch for quality, flavor, and creativity. Ambience wasn't bad either. I'm looking forward to returning with more friends.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger VR said...

I like that place too! I was also there in a similar time frame to your own. Weak on the vegan options, but eh...whaddya gonna do? And its not just recruiting, 'tis all job searches.

 
At 10:14 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger The Dirty Canuck said...

re: recruiting - i totally agree. i'm going for a GSB record. on the most closed-lists with no callbacks. think the Buffy answer is turning people off?

chin up, kiddo. chips will fall in the end. you're way too smart/talented/tall for them not to (yes, i said tall).

 
At 10:56 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

tdc, don't make me break out the ding numbers. this could get ugly. next thing you know, we'll be breakdance-fighting a la Zoolander in the WG. jinkies!

 
At 9:09 AM, November 01, 2006, Blogger shmoo said...

I know someone who loves brunch.

Hint, hint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home