MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Stick A Chopstick in Me... I'm Done.

After a week of cramming for finals, I am done with what has been an emotional roller-coaster of a quarter. Hopefully, life next quarter will be "easier" now that I'm done with recruiting for my summer internship. Done you say? Yes, DONE. I am rather relieved, it was difficult on my schedule and psyche. I accepted an offer and am thrilled to be working for a great consulting firm in the lovely Bay Area this summer!! Not that I really wanted to leave Chicago because its amazing during the summertime, but I'm looking forward to stuffing myself silly with good Asian food (you can find it in Chicago, but it takes more effort) and reconnecting with the family and friends that I haven't had consistent contact with since liftoff.

Speaking of good Asian food, I'm going to celebrate the passing of the term (though not necessarily the passing of any of my classes) by heading down to Chinatown tonight for a dinner organized by Eric, whose GF is visiting from Sweden. After that, I'll be closing out the evening at a St. Patrick's Day shindig rife with good Irish beers, soda bread, and an apparently famous recipe for whiskey loaf. I don't really know what that is, but the combination of liquor and bread (carbs and... more carbs) sounds like a winner.

As long as we're on the topic of good Asian food, I have to finish packing now for a little trip. Tomorrow, I'm off to Japan!! That's right, I am OUTTA here to spend a week in Japan with other GSB students. I was going stir crazy after not having traveled in FOREVER (actual time = 8 months), so it's time to hop on a plane and leave the country for another trip to validate the moniker. Some of the activities planned - visits to corporations in Tokyo and Osaka, dinner in a Yakatabune, and watching a Sumo wrestling match. Bitchin'.

A parting note - best of luck to all of the 2nd round GSB '08 applicants - here's hoping that you get some good news coming your way!

5 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger KV said...

A bunch of LBS students are gonna be in Tokyo as well. Make sure you say if you see them

 
At 5:24 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

Um, how am I supposed to know?! I propose forehead tattoos - LBS, GSB... only the bschools with TLAs will be able to ride this wave... though I guess Whartonites could just have S2S... ;)

 
At 10:23 AM, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Japan is cool. Kyoto is particularly awesome.

Make sure you do shabu-shabu and karaoke. Are you going to Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo? Gotta go at like 5am, but it's awesome and then you get the freshest sushi breakfast ever.

- shmoo

 
At 10:53 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger KV said...

Le Voyageur,
By now you should know that MBA students are easy to spot when they travel in pack. I’m sure you’ll recognize the LBS crew if you see them.

 
At 9:52 AM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

KV - Didn't run into any folks from LBS yet, and am now in Osaka. Off to Kyoto tomorrow evening, so unlikely that I will unless they're planning to zip about in similar fashion. Hope you're enjoying the surf in Santa Cruz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home