MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Final Eggs-Hams

I have my first final exam tomorrow, and I have yet to start studying for it. You see, today was a busy day. I had to catch up on the myriad of bills and letters that were close to being past due. Throughout this past quarter, any mail that I received promptly got thrown into a 'to be dealt with later' pile. That pile grew to epic heights this quarter, especially during the several weeks of chaos that included midterms, interview prep, interviews, thank you emails, recruiting dinners, follow up emails, and more interviews. I often felt as buried and weighed down as some of the bills at the bottom of the pile.

But there was a light at the end of the tunnel, it just took a while to get to it. I received another offer today from the consulting firm I interviewed with last week, so I am now in the enviable position of deciding between some great options. The choice is made easier knowing that I really can't go wrong - I'll learn a great deal no matter where I end up.

And its reassuring to hear from 2nd years that recruitment for full-time will be much less painful - one can afford to be a bit choosier with the interviews when there are so many more options to pick from. I signed up to be a mentor for the incoming class, and hopefully will be chosen by one or two unsuspecting admits. :) I could definitely offer up some advice on how to approach recruiting, especially what NOT to do (which is actually rather important)!

Alright, enough exercise for the recruiting hamster in my head. Time to wake the one in charge of classes (that's been on hiatus for a while...).

6 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like hamsters.

They're tasty.

- shmoo

 
At 11:07 PM, March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you be studying? :-p

-M

 
At 11:46 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger mkk said...

Funny how you've been gone from the blogging world for months and now, during finals week, here you are, blogging. Hmm... and here I am, responding. We are SUCH procrastinators. Good luck on the exam tomorrow shmoo and LV. I know I'll need it :-(

 
At 12:10 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Huckle Cat said...

LV, can't wait to hear who the lucky firm will be. I know you'll be a great addition to their summer.

Those potential mentees, on the other hand, are in for trouble. :P

 
At 1:09 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

meghaks - you think i'm bad, you should check out huckle cat. veritable explosion of posts in the last week or so... is it time to panic yet??

 
At 11:15 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Huckle Cat said...

BAH. Didn't we say we needed to work on our perfectionist tendencies? Consider me CURED.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home