MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ready, Set, Go!

Things have managed to work themselves out for classes. During the 1st round of DAS (drop/add/swap, there are 3 DAS rounds after the initial RBS round of adding classes), I dropped out of the two sections that I didn't want, and into the ones I did. And I got the money marketing professor in the process - sweet! Time to get cracking on my pre-work for class. That's right, for a couple of my courses, I have assignments BEFORE class begins.

I spent the day today just relaxing and running errands. After nearly 3 weeks of getting to campus for an 8 am session every morning, the day off was very welcome. The hour+ commute doesn't help the situation - 8 am session means leaving my place at 6:40 am. Although I was open to having early classes on 2 or 3 days, none of the classes I got start before 10am, miraculously enough. Now if I could motivate myself to get out of bed and go to the gym every morning, that would be the real miracle.

Classes officially start tomorrow, but I don't have any Thursday classes other than LEAD (which isn't being held this week). So I'm not going to campus. I'll just hit TNDC (Thursday Night Drinking Club) tomorrow night. Tough life, I know. But it'll get tough soon enough. I'm signed up for 4 classes this quarter, which I've heard is very difficult to handle during your first term. I'm all buckled in and ready for the ride.

7 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:54 PM, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:47 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Huckle Cat said...

Congrats on successful DAS-ing. Do you have Weds evening Dhar with me now?

 
At 1:27 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Keven said...

I think I'd go a little insane with all this bid stuff. I guess that's one big plus for our lockstep program at UW.

 
At 9:32 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger PowerYogi said...

good luck with 4 classes, le V. I'm feeling that my 3 are 3 too many :-)

 
At 12:13 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

PY, I just dropped a class tonight. I realized after marketing class that 4 would put me over the top, so 3 it is this quarter.

 
At 10:15 AM, September 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only three classes!?! assignments before the first day of classes!?! that just seems unbearable. :)

hope you are enjoying Chicago and your new place. have fun at TNDC. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home