MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Tagged!

I was tagged a while ago by EMC India, but am just now getting around to posting on it. The last 5 books I've read are:

1. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - Do I even need to describe it? Everyone and their mother has read this one.

2. The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie - Finally got around to reading this, and Rushdie is a lyricist. He is one of those authors that can take you to a place that is inexplicably clear and muddled all at once. It flowed perfectly until you reached that precipice, but you look back and think 'Damn, there is only a fog of words behind me. How did he get me here?'

3. Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert - I enjoyed the concept of Heretics and appreciated how Frank pulled elements from the original Dune so artfully. But its difficult to keep continuity (and my interest) after the 3000 years of 'The Tyrant'.

4. Chapterhouse Dune by Frank Herbert - The last book in the 6 book series of Dune was anticlimactic. All of them went downhill after the original.

5. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown - I succumbed to another Dan Brown novel while in Europe (the selection of English language novels in small towns in Northern Croatia are rather limited). Gripping read as usual, but the storyline of dashing male protagonist and female sidekick fighting the forces of evil seems to be a theme (that will get stale fast) in his novels.

The book I'm currently reading is neither by Frank nor Dan. I've had enough of those two for a while. And I will refrain from tagging other bloggers - I'm just too lazy to find others that haven't already been tagged and I don't wanna be a pest.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, July 03, 2005, Blogger PowerYogi said...

i don't get Rushdie. i own 3 of his books - shame, satanic verses, and midnight's children. and each of them i have read 80% but could not get myself to finish. maybe i'm not upto the mark, but i feel like i need a dictionary to go along with the book itself. you put it perfectly though - i'm all lost in the 'fog' of the literary tour-de-force but slowly the gist of what he's trying to say comes through. but still, i don't get the dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home