MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Geeking Out

A few days ago, I ordered a new PDA. I found that Techbargains and The Gadgeteer were very useful in my research. Perusing the user reviews and comparing prices led me to pick the Palm Tungsten E2. Its a slim device, the user interface looks great, decent memory and processor speed, and I don't need a camera in my PDA just yet. I also took a look around at cases, and stumbled upon the luxury cases made by Vaja. They are beautiful, but I didn't order one. Surfing at 3 am made me loopy enough to consider a case that costs half the price of the bloody PDA, but luckily common sense (and the thought of my student budget) kicked in.

I also decided to make the big switch and buy a Mac. I'm a bit worried that I'll be spending too much time understanding the new OS when I should be getting work done. But after some quality time at the Apple store and conversations with numerous people, I'm ready to dive in. Reminder to self, sign up for the Mac users support group at the GSB.

5 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, July 10, 2005, Blogger PowerYogi said...

nice ! i'm also going to get a mac. you've checked out the back-to-school promo ya - free iPod mini on top of a $200 discount.

 
At 11:44 PM, July 10, 2005, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

yogi - fabulous, we can be part of the mac users support group. i know about the promo. make sure you pick up the student version of ms office for the reduced price as well!

 
At 12:14 AM, July 11, 2005, Blogger VR said...

Yeah, I'd never buy a PDA or anything without checking gadgeteer.

 
At 12:28 AM, July 11, 2005, Blogger PowerYogi said...

do you know what you are getting - PowerBook/iBook? mac users support group - sign me up :-) i think i already have one issue-the facebook doesn't seem to open in Safari, though it works fine in IE.

 
At 12:49 AM, July 11, 2005, Blogger Le Voyageur said...

RFK - Thanks very much for the reference, The Gadgeteer does rock!

PY - Powerbook, you? Too bad about the facebook and Safari, but Mozilla works just fine and there is a version available for the Mac OS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home