MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Delightful Dubrovnik

R. and I decided to go with a boarding house recommended by Lonely Planet. We had called the place from Pula to book ahead, and are pleased as punch with the sobe (room). It is in Lapad, west of Dubrovnik, with a nice view and our own bathroom (score!). The owners are very friendly and helpful, and we have already decided to stay an extra night.

Unfortunately, it is pouring rain today. I woke up to a downpour this morning. When it stopped, we ran some errands and then hopped a bus to Stari Grad (Old Town) where the famous walls of Dubrovnik are located. I am very glad that I decided to wait to walk the walls, because I'd be soaked if I were there right now.

I really hope that the weather cooperates tomorrow, as we have already booked our tickets for a ferry to Mljet Island.

My health has been improving but I still have a nasty cough. I've been swigging cough syrup (a swig is about 1 tablespoon, right?) that I picked up in the pharmacy at Pula (with broken Croatian from me and broken English from the pharmacist, coughing, and gesturing to my throat).

If everything goes well, I'll be healthy and frolicking in the ocean on a sunny day in Dubrovnik very soon...

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, June 06, 2005, Blogger VR said...

One word - jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home