MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Monday, May 16, 2005

The 'Locals'

Last week I met a couple of Brits in the internet cafe around the corner from my hostel, we chatted over lunch for a couple of hours. They are both medical students at Univerzita Karlova (Charles University). One of them is married to an American schoolteacher, and has a young daughter. Although his wife teaches at an international school in English, she has been living in Praha for many years and is quite proficient in Czech. I met him, his wife, and their daughter a few days ago and chatted over a drink. They may move to the States because he is hoping to get a residency in the states - in Chicago to be specific!

Yesterday during my visit to Kutna Hora, I met and spent the day with a Malaysian, an Indian, and a Czech. All of them were guys, electrial engineers, and in IT. It felt just like the Silicon Valley! ;) They work for DHL here in Praha, and the Malaysian and Indian guys are on international assignment. They leave later this week, so we're all planning to meet for dinner before they leave and I head down to Český Krumlov.

This internet cafe is a magnet for travellers. I just met a GSB Alum!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home