MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Beautiful Praha

I've been in Prague (Praha as its called in Czech) for 3 days now, and I'm finally starting to enjoy the city. I knew it would be rough initially - I've never traveled alone internationally and don't speak the language.

My first day here was simple - get from the airport to town, find a place to stay, and shower. After nearly a day of travel, I was keeping my expectations of my first day quite low. Yesterday was spent lolling about Staré Město (Old Town) and Karluv Most (Charles Bridge). Today was a busy day - very tourist-site filled. I spent the entire day in Hradcany and visited Prague Castle (Pražský Hrad, or simply 'Hrad' because its the biggest tourist site in Prague), Strahov Library, St. Nicholas Church, and Wallenstein Palace & Gardens. Pictures are tough for me to post here, so you'll have to take my word on how lovely it is. Today's excusions reminded me of one of several reasons I chose to visit Eastern Europe - affordable for tourists! Admissions to all of these places totaled less than $20 USD!

My Eastern Europe Lonely Planet guide and phrasebook have come in very handy, and I've learned a few key words - hello, please, sorry, thank you, and goodbye. Oh, and key phrases like 'Mluvíte anglicky?', 'Kde je toalety?', and 'Jsem studentka'. I'll leave you to figure those out... ;)

1 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, May 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me, Czech sounds like some illiterate and semi-retarded peasant's version of Russian....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home