MBA Peregrinations

Charting the course of my travels through the MBA experience.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Railing at Rail Europe

Rail Europe's new website is an exercise in frustration. After trying multiple times to figure out the train schedule from Brno to Vienna, I've given up. Regardless of whether I use IE or Mozilla, and type in various parameters, I get error messages - I can't believe that all train tickets are sold out this early... argh. I don't really want to buy the ticket at this point, just understand when the train will dump me off in Vienna so that I can tell R. what time I can meet her. I guess I'll just have to wing it when I get there.

My last trip to Europe was the jaunt to major cities in Western Europe - Paris, Nice, Barcelona, London (with a short day in Toulouse and an entirely too long couple of days in Carcassonne thrown in). Although D. and I had a wonderful time, I found that booking all of my accommodations in advance limited the experience. Short distances between major cities, plenty of charming and idyllic hamlets in between, and a well-developed bus and rail system (website aside) make it relatively easy to get around. And sometimes you discover that you want to spend some more time in one place and less in another (as D. and I discovered about Toulouse and Carcassonne).

So I'll wing it. I'm not worried - after R. and I called A. in Slovenia today to discuss sailing on the coast of Croatia, I'm floating on cloud nine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home